Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks.net are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all. Temporarily, there is no password needed. Contact your CT for any information required to access.
California K-12 Digital Resources
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams – Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer – A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher – Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary – Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary – Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Central Student – designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest’s most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
- ProQuest Research Companion – a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
- Schools & Educators Complete – eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
BROWSE RESOURCE DATABASE (below):
Some of these educational websites may charge a fee for usage.
Free Lesson Plans
Web Safety & Search Engines for Kids
Online Internet Safety Curriculum from Google.
Spanish / Español
Research and Activities
Online educational content
You guessed it.
Digital library of free books, movies, music, audio clips and more!
Aerial photographs of the California coast
Electronic kits, robotic kits, test equipment & more!
Discovery channel show’s interesting answers to common questions
Online geography quizzes, random trivia
Cool free online health resource
Animated educational website
Math, reading and lots of games
Targeted to the Kindergarten thru Grade Six age group
Create an online newspaper clipping.
(PBS) Videos, games and Muppets
Free Typing Tools
Computer Science & Coding