Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks.net are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all. Temporarily, there is no password needed. Contact your CT for any information required to access.
California K-12 Digital Resources
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams – Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer – A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher – Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary – Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary – Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Central Student – designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest’s most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
- ProQuest Research Companion – a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
- Schools & Educators Complete – eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
BROWSE RESOURCE DATABASE (below):
Some of these educational websites may charge a fee for usage.
PBS Learning Media
Smithsonian Learning Lab Discover, Create and Share.
Gooru Learning Selects the web’s best resources, and compiles them into collections.
Power My Learning Provides math, language arts, science, social studies, art, music activities.
Super Teacher Worksheets
Spanish / Español
[catlist name=Spanish excerpt=yes]
Research and Activities
Online educational content
What’s That Bug?
You guessed it.
National Gallery of Art: Kids Art Zone
Interactive art that you can make online.
Library of Congress
Free access to U.S. historical records
The Internet Archive
Digital library of free books, movies, music, audio clips and more!
Cool Tools for Schools
Best of web 2.0 multi-media tools/programs
Teaches about Native American cultures
California Coastal Records Project
Aerial photographs of the California coast
Electronic kits, robotic kits, test equipment & more!
How Stuff Works
Discovery channel show’s interesting answers to common questions
Online geography quizzes, random trivia
Cool free online health resource
Children’s Literature Network
Connect to literature for children and teens.
Animated educational website
Math, reading and lots of games
Targeted to the Kindergarten thru Grade Six age group
Newspaper Clipping Generator
Create an online newspaper clipping.
(PBS) Videos, games and muppets
School Library Media Kids!
[catlist name=Music excerpt=yes]
Free Typing Tools
[catlist name=Typing excerpt=yes]
Computer Science & Coding
[catlist name=Code excerpt=yes]